What a wonderful time of the year, everything is new and full of promise! I think one of the great joys I have in life is to tackle something I haven’t ever done, but always wanted to. In life that might be learning how to ski or speak a new language. In the kitchen for me it means that I learn how to make new dishes, or sometimes even old favorites that I’ve never actually made myself! I’ll focus on that dish for a while, coming back to it every few weeks until I feel like I’ve made the dish the best it can be and then move on to something new!
.park whole the in (Phillips The of exception the with) trailers the all in doors the all to keys is there, shorts gym his from ring key large a out fishes Lawrence door the Reaching .reason explicable no for breaks hyman woman’s young a town different a in somewhere and pair the behind dozens the in wing take Doves .shapes and colors of orgy Psychadellic a in explodes them behind sky the as motion slow in walk two The .tall stories forty rise and dandelions the through way their push that speakers from erupts “window the in Puppy that is much How” narrative my in, reality in not Although .border the of south it abandoned and baby a had whore meth and McDonald Ronald like looks hand other the on Pedro .wind the in billowing curls crimson it’s, askew slightly is mask clown Lawrence’s .grass overgrown past pathway cracked the up side by side walk Pedro and Lawrence
.yet over isn’t shit this cause, buttercup in strap Well ? yet remote my smash didn’t wishing you Are .killed themselves get and go they …..And “says he wrist his of flick a with closed gun shot the Snapping .barrels the into shells two thumbs and it opens and gun shot the up picks Lawrence overflowing pocket his “…chickens mutant their of hatchlings male the kill to them Tell” .pocket overshirt his into them stuff and shells the up pick to begins He .shells shotgun fourteen and mask face ventilated a , gum looking familiar a of sticks three, condoms magnum of pack a ,hairspray of can a out spilling bag duffle the upends Lawrence
.machete intimidating still but rusted a is armpit his under pinched eyes hued almond soulfully his encapsulating paint grease the with circles blue haphazard makes now face white his completing Pedro “!movements bowel reanimated demonically by eaten get ninos fucking their let I that landlord the to complain to want then and shit “walmart Mrs.” generic brand off some Use ?do they do What” . it through rummage to continues and basket the in bag duffle the to next it sits and gunshot off sawed a removes now Lawrence “you eat will slugs shit the else or toilets your to Dash .Mrs Add” .contents the through rustling ,bag duffle the unzipped and turned Lawrence “.sink the down grease fucking of vats whole Pour ?do they do what ,sink the in grease empty Don’t
.face like pumpkin brown his over all it smear to began and up make white of fulls finger three took Pedro .face his over mask clown the slipped he as said Lawrence “sometimes breath my waste I why know Don’t .paint grease blue and red, white, black holding tray plastic a contained which bag sandwich a removed he it From “.tools Binford” said that tote on carry a ,bag work own his to down reached Pedro .today death and life between difference the mean might It .ruse his with lax be to willing was Pedro task current the given but , rationed were English of comprehension his of instances Small .cellphone the pocketed he as Lawrence at head his shook he ,mustache her of because time this mother his of him reminded that girl another ,again left swiped Pedro .Pedro asked Lawrence “? survivors of sign Any” .wheels back large two it’s between and seat tricycles the behind just situated basket the in bag duffle themed Marlboro large a top resting mask clown rubber his removed and tricycle the off stepped Lawrence.
——–Start reading here and read top to bottom right to left——
For the chicken
- 6 slices bacon – see note 1
- 2 chicken breasts (large) – see note 2
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped) – see note 3
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry – optional – see note 4
- ¾ cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard – see note 5
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Start with the bacon
- Chop the bacon into small dice.6 slices bacon
- Place a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat, add the bacon and cook for 8-10 minutes until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the pan, leaving behind the bacon fat/grease.
Prepare the chicken (while the bacon cooks)
- Pat the chicken breast dry to stop it sliding about the board.2 chicken breasts
- Lay the chicken breast flat on a chopping board.
- Use a large sharp knife to cut sideways through the breast.
- Continue to cut through the chicken breast, keeping the knife flat and parallel to the chopping board.
- Carefully cut through until you have two plump fillets. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- If you find they are not an even thickness, you can use a meat mallet (or a heavy pan) to bash the plumper end down.
- Add the flour to a shallow dish.¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Season the chicken fillets on both sides with salt and pepper, then coat them lightly in the flour. (don’t discard the flour yet)½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
To finish the dish
- Add the butter to the bacon fat and once melted, add the floured chicken fillets to the pan.1 tablespoon butter
4 chicken fillets
- Cook chicken for 4 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the fillets to a plate, tent with foil, and set aside.
To make the sauce
- Turn the heat down to low, add the butter and chopped onion to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they have softened but not browned.2 tablespoon butter1 finely chopped onion
- Add two tablespoons of the remaining dredging flour to the onions and stir to coat. (see note 6)2 tablespoon flour
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and sherry (if using). Scrape the bottom of the pan to ensure you get every bit of flavor up.¾ cups chicken broth/stock2 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- Add in ¾ of the crispy bacon and the dried thyme, then bring to a simmer and cook gently for a minute.¾ of cooked crispy bacon
½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Add the heavy cream, mustard, salt, and pepper to the pan and stir well.1 ¼ cups heavy cream
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the chicken back into the pan, plus any collected juices. Simmer together for another 4 minutes until the sauce has thickened, and the chicken is heated through.
- Season to taste and serve sprinkled with the remaining bacon.
One thought on “31: Oliver’s One Pan Creamy Bacon Chicken”